Sunday, February 15, 2015

So You Want to Start Working Out? Part 2





In my previous post, I talked about creating goals for yourself before starting on a journey to healthier lifestyle.

Once you’ve made those goals and committed to them (commitment is KEY), you are ready for a plan. Now, here’s my question, are you the type of person who is going to be able to stay motivated, make yourself go to the gym or make yourself run, and make yourself eat healthy food ALL ON YOUR OWN? I’m not. I liked going to the gym because it was kind of hard to slack off with so many people working out around me, but it was hard to actually GET to the gym! When I was trying to run (which I now know I can’t do because my legs just won’t cooperate), there were any number of excuses I could come up with… it’s too hot, it’s too cold, it’s raining, there’s too many people out and about, etc. Also, when it comes to diet, when no one is holding me accountable for things that I’m eating, I will eat whatever I want.

The best thing I did for myself was purchase a Beachbody program. I’m not just saying this as a Beachbody coach, but when all I have to do is pop a DVD in and do a 30 minute workout in my living room, it’s a little harder to come up with an excuse. Each Beachbody program even comes with a calendar that tells you the order in which do the workout, so there isn’t even any decision-making you need to do! When I was going to the gym, I would have to sit for a while each week and plan out each individual workout in order to be successful—Beachbody does this for you!

If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know that I am completing the Piyo program right now (almost done with week 6/8!) and I LOVE it. Choosing Piyo was a simple decision for me—I love pilates and yoga, I love similar programs that combine a little bit of cardio with those, and I need low impact exercises that are high intensity, which is what Piyo is! In thinking of the next program that I want to try, I had to think a little harder.

Now that I am close to finishing Piyo I needed to think about what I wanted out of my next program. I would like to continue with workouts that are around 30 minutes, I want a little more cardio to up my calorie burn each time, and I want to extend the results I am getting from Piyo. I looked at all of my options and decided on Insanity Max:30! I have seen a ton of posts all over Instagram with people posting their “max out time” pictures and I know Shaun T is intense! As I’ve watched people posting their “max out time” pictures, I’ve noticed that their times (“max out” means to go as hard as you can until you can’t anymore and stop to rest; the “max out time” is how long you could go before you maxed out) start out very low and they end up getting very close to the end of the 30 minutes at the end of the 2 months of the program. What I love about that is I don’t WANT to perform the same way at the beginning of a workout program as I do at the end! Plus, the selling point for this program was that it also has a modifier track for each of the workouts, so I don’t have to worry about injuring my legs more!


But what’s the right program for YOU? As a Beachbody coach, I have done the research for you! I have combed through Beachbody’s top programs and described them here for you! When you’re ready to commit to one of these programs and get awesome results, I will be here to coach you along the way! Be sure to watch the videos that I've included as links in the "Want to learn more" part for each program--that's what will really help you decide!


21 Day Fix



What is it? A fitness and nutrition program that makes everything very simple! The program includes 30 minute workouts for any level of fitness and portion-control containers to help you get your diet under control! And it only takes 21 days!!

Who is it for? People just starting off on their journey to a healthier lifestyle and/or people who struggle with portion control. It is also a great program for people that need to lose a lot of weight within a short amount of time.

Want to learn more? Here is a video showing you how awesome the program is!



21 Day Fix EXTREME


What is it? Beachbody’s newest program, 21 Day Fix Extreme, is the more advanced version of 21 Day Fix. It also has a slightly stricter eating plan.

Who is it for? People who are ready for a more advanced workout program and who want to see even more results!

Want to learn more? Here is a video showing you how to get amazing results with this program!



Focus T25


What is it? A 10-week program that consists of 25-minute workouts, 5 days a week. It is from the same creator as Insanity and involves cardio and strength.

Who is it for? People who don’t have time for longer workouts, people who want a ton of results fast, and people who want a high-intensity workout!

Want to learn more? Watch this video of Shaun T in action!



Insanity


What is it? A 60-day program that revolves around interval training, which alternated intensity and results in a high calorie burn and amazing results!

Who is it for? People who are graduates of other Beachbody programs or have a good general fitness level. These workouts are intense! Actually, they’re INSANE! 

Want to learn more? Check out Shaun T’s insane workouts here.




P90X


What is it? P90X offers 12 different workouts to target each part of your body. For men, it offers “bulking” options and for women, it offers “leaning” options. The workouts vary in intensity, length, cardio, and strength.

Who is it for? P90X is really good for great weightloss! It is also a very well-rounded program. If this sounds like what you want in a program, then it is for you!

Want to learn more? Watch this video of Tony Horton, one of my favorite trainers, in action!



Piyo


 What is it? Piyo is a fast-paced mix of yoga and pilates moves. It provides enough cardio to get your heart rate up but focuses on strength and flexibility.

Who is it for? Piyo is great for people who need low-impact workouts but still want to have a good amount of intensity! It’s also for people who want to sculpt their muscles and improve their flexibility.

Want to learn more? Watch Chalene Johnson in this video as she shows you some great Piyo moves!



So… are you interested in committing to yourself and getting the support you need to be successful at a workout program? If you are, I’m holding Challenge groups beginning March 2nd! You will get daily motivation, inspiration, and support to make you successful at your Beachbody program. Are you up for the challenge? If so, comment below or fill in the contact form at the bottom of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment