Sunday, February 1, 2015

Piyo Review Week 4 & Month 1 Progress



I noticed that Piyo started to pick up the pace in week 3, but it was nothing compared to week 4. Here was my workout schedule for this week:

Monday- Sweat
Tuesday- Core
Wednesday- REST
Thursday- Buns
Friday- Drench
Saturday- Strength Intervals
Sunday- Sweat

The new workout that was introduced during this week was Drench. Most of the things that pop up when I google Piyo or see Piyo reviews on YouTube are talking about Drench. This is the most difficult Piyo workout so far (Strength Intervals is a close second)! It takes a lot of the difficult moves from the other workouts and combines them, then adds on some other moves as well (including that Piyo Flip you see pictured up there—which I can only do because I’ve done it in classes before). I was definitely sweating by the end of it! It’s also the longest Piyo workout, at a little over 40 minutes. It was a very difficult 40 minutes!

Now onto my progress! Piyo is an 8 week program and I wanted to check in on my progress at the end of week 4 to see if the program really works! I am posting a picture below of how I keep up with how I am doing. I am not going to lie, I was a little disappointed when I weighed myself this morning because I actually weighed more than last Sunday. But if I am being truly honest, this week was not the best for me nutrition-wise. One of my students brought me Girl Scout cookies, we had a little gathering for a coworker’s birthday one day, I had a couple Lean Cuisines instead of making healthy meals a few nights, and I just wasn’t being a smart snacker. I’m not perfect! I am going to do a much better job next week! J


So there you have it people! It’s not always about the weight! Before starting with BeachBody, I was seeing pounds come off almost as fast (during good months), but I NEVER saw this much of a difference in inches in that short amount of time! I feel great about my measurements—I am not starving myself and I am enjoying my workout program!


If you would like to read more about weeks 1-3 or the Piyo program in general, please see my review post on those weeks! If you are interested in learning more about Piyo or any other BeachBody programs, please contact me via the contact form below!

No comments:

Post a Comment