Monday, February 9, 2015

Piyo Review Week 5

Month 2 of Piyo is underway! The intensity is up, the results are coming in, and I am still loving it!


Week 5 Schedule:
Monday- Sculpt
Tuesday- Sweat
Wednesday- REST
Thursday- Core
Friday- Buns
Saturday- Drench
Sunday- SICK

This week introduced the last new workout, Sculpt. I really really like Sculpt! In fact, I wish it had been introduced sooner so I could do this workout more often during the 60 days! It is only about 30 minutes long and I was sore but didn’t feel like I was going to die like I did with Drench!

This week saw both successes and setbacks. I am definitely noticing a difference in my strength--moves that seemed almost impossible before are now just fine. I have noticed that my flexibility in certain moves is also improving. I can get a lot lower in my lunges and warrior poses than before beginning the program!

A setback this week is that I woke up very congested on Saturday. When I did Drench for the first time last week, I had to take a few breaks because it is a difficult workout and I got overheated. I was hoping I'd do a little better this week but not being able to breathe well posed a problem! (nerdy side note- in my class on Friday, we watched a Magic School Bus episode where Ms. Frizzle was competing in some kind of fitness competition. She started hiccuping and held her breath, but started to lose her race. Since her respiratory system wasn't getting air, her muscles couldn't work properly! I had a total Ms. Frizzle moment! haha) I had to stop for a lot of breaks and ended up having to use my inhaler (which I rarely use). It was not the best I've ever done...

Sunday I woke up even more congested and just overall cruddy feeling. I waited until later in the day to see if I felt good enough to work out, but I didn't get better. As much as I wanted to complete the whole 60 days of Piyo without skipping a workout, I needed to make sure my body had some healing time so that I didn't actually get worse.

I'm still sick today, so this week may be a modified week if I don’t get better soon. I did manage to get Strength Intervals done (which is what I was supposed to do yesterday) and it wasn’t too bad because it is only around 20 minutes! I got my new “Suck it Up Buttercup” tank in the mail today and saw it as a sign that I needed to get off my butt and keep up the work!!



Want to try Piyo? I am running a 60 day Challenge Group beginning March 1st. You'd get the perfect mix of inspiration, motivation, and accountability! If you're interested, please fill in the contact form at the bottom of the page! 


No comments:

Post a Comment