Wednesday, July 15, 2015

21 Day Fix “Fried” Rice Recipe


I love rice so much! You can pretty much do anything to it and I will love it! Since I’ve started trying to eat healthier, I no longer eat white rice and I usually mix my brown rice with quinoa to try to make it even healthier and it’s amazing.

When I go out to eat, I often love to get Asian food… so fried rice is definitely something I miss! I decided to take the main ingredients and put them together to see if they tasted great and gave me my fix and they did!




(Makes 2 servings)

Ingredients:
2 yellows of brown rice (or 3:1 rice/quinoa blend)
1 red of ground chicken (you can also use chicken breast, but ground chicken is so cheap)
1 red of scrambled eggs
2 green any veggies you want (I use frozen stir-fry veggies)


1. Make the rice according to the directions. If you are using rice and quinoa together, I just throw them in together and cook it according to the rice directions!
2. Brown ground chicken in a pan and prepare the frozen veggies according to the directions.
3. Scramble two eggs.
4. Use your 21 Day Fix containers to portion out everything and mix together on your plate!!!

The great thing about this dish is that you can play around with it! I am in the lowest bracket, so I only get 2 yellows, 4 reds, and 3 greens to work with throughout the day. If you’re in a higher bracket, you could very easily double any part of this to get in one of the containers that you are struggling to get in.

I also like to keep my recipes very simple so that I don’t have to buy a ton of ingredients. But adding something like a chopped green onion, ginger, or garlic can really kick this recipe up a notch! Just remember to play around a little bit with your flavors!



Would you like to know more about 21 Day Fix? Click here to find out more about this WONDERFUL workout and nutrition program that’s changed the lives of so many! If you’d like more information, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page or leave a comment and I can answer any questions about 21 Day Fix or this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment