Tuesday, February 17, 2015

3 Day Refresh Review



In a previous post, I had talked about my binge eating problems and how I really needed to get my nutrition back on track. I have been doing a great job sticking to my workouts and planning meals, but I was sneaking a lot of junk food that was sabotaging my nutrition! In order to fix this, I decided to try out Beachbody’s 3 Day Refresh.

Normally, I would not do any type of cleanse because I don’t believe in starving yourself. However, you actually get to eat on the 3 Day Refresh! Was I a little hungry? Yes. Did I feel like I was going to die of starvation? No (and I get hangry very easily).

To give you a little bit of an idea of the 3 Day Refresh, here is my story about it!

First, you get this box in the mail (I ordered the one that does not come with Shakeology because I already have Shakeology).



Then, you commit to three days of following the plan!

Day 1:
Day one was the hardest. I started out my day with my Shakeology breakfast and then did Piyo Drench (47 minutes of intense working out), which put me at a big calorie deficit the rest of the day. I had planned on drinking all of the teas that you are allowed to drink, in order to help fill me up, but I was running around doing errands most of the day and time got away from me. The worst part was dinner—Nik and I had gone to the movies that afternoon and didn’t get home until almost 7:00, so I was in need of some serious dinner and had a bad headache because I had waited too long to eat and had not had enough water. But that’s my fault!

Here is the lowdown of what I ate on day 1:



  1. Chocolate Shakeology blended with half a banana
  2. Fiber Sweep drink
  3. Grilled squash and Vanilla Fresh drink, blended with raspberries
  4. Celery and hummus
  5. Steamed veggies and Vanilla Fresh drink, blended with cinnamon
  6. (extra meal to make up for Drench) Strawberries and blueberries (1/2 serving of each)


Day 2:
Day two was the easiest day for me (most people say day three is, but I’ll get to that)! I did Piyo Sweat in the morning so it wasn’t quite as intense as the previous day. I also spent a lot of time at home, so I wasn’t burning calories running around town. AND I was much better at spacing my meals out! I had a slight headache that would pop up throughout the day, but ibuprofen combatted that just fine, and I really think that was more from sinuses than anything!

Here is what I ate for day 2:

 

  1. Chocolate Shakeology blended with half a banana
  2. Fiber Sweep drink
  3. Grilled squash, half serving of strawberries and Vanilla Fresh drink, blended with other half of strawberries
  4. Celery and hummus
  5. Green tea
  6. Asparagus and Vanilla Fresh drink, blended with cinnamon



Day 3:
Day three was not as bad as day one, but I was hungrier than I was on day two. I think this is because I had to go to work on day 3, so my brain was burning up a lot of my calories and I was using up a lot of energy! However, knowing that I would be done with it that night kept me going!

Here’s what I had as meals for day 3:


  1. Chocolate Shakeology blended with half a banana
  2. Fiber Sweep drink
  3. Asparagus, strawberries, and Vanilla Fresh drink, blended with cinnamon
  4. Celery and hummus
  5. Green Tea
  6. Steamed veggies and Vanilla Fresh drink, blended with cinnamon



What did I think of the program overall?
It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be! I’ll be honest, the Fiber Sweep drink is gross, but you do it once a day and chug it and get on with your life! The Vanilla Fresh drink was alright—blending it with the fruit made it taste nice! I did get a little tired of eating nothing but veggies and shakes, but it’s 3 days. I could suck it up for 3 days! Note—I did not have a ton of variety in my meals because I am lazy and wanted to be able to prep a couple things at once!


So what were my results?
I ended up losing two pounds and about two inches between Saturday morning (day 1) and this morning. I think I would have lost more, but today starts that time of the month. Most people have said that they continue to drop pounds in the days after the program, so I am looking forward to seeing that! My clothes fit sooo much better and I feel so much less bloated than I did before! I was craving some real food this morning, but it was in the form of EGGS, not candy or sweets!


Would I do it again?
YES! The 3 Day Refresh did exactly what I needed it too—it helped me to get rid of some of the bad habits that I had formed in recent weeks! In fact, I am planning on doing it again in about 2 months!


Where do I go from here?
Obviously, when you come off of the 3 Day Refresh, you can’t go back to what you were doing before. You will gain the weight back (and more), and you honestly just wasted your money. I am making myself log every single thing in MyFitnessPal so that I don’t think “oh this doesn’t count!” I am also giving up candy for lent, so hopefully that will get things under control! J


Is 3 Day Refresh right for you? Maybe.

Who 3 Day Refresh IS for:
-People who need to get rid of a few bad habits.
-People who have a plan for how to continue to eat without giving in to those bad habits.
-People who have just come back from a trip where they over indulged (such as going home for the holidays).
-People who want to get a jumpstart on their weightloss.
-People who have hit a plateau in their weightloss.

Who 3 Day Refresh is NOT for:
-People who are currently eating 2000 calories a day or more. 3 Day Refresh would cut that in half and might be too much of a shock to your body. I would recommend slowly lowering your calorie intake for a little while before trying it.
-People who are not willing to make permanent changes after 3 Day Refresh is over.
-People who have NO CLUE what to do after 3 Day Refresh is over. **However, this is different if you are starting a program that will guide you right after 3 Day Refresh, then that is perfect!

Want to know more about 3 Day Refresh or are interested in trying it? Visit this link to see a video!

If you would like to join my upcoming challenge group, beginning March 2nd, the deadline to sign up with me is February 21st (or you won’t have enough time for your program to come in the mail)! If you are interested, please comment below or fill in the contact form at the bottom of the page!

Follow me on Instagram!

Follow me on Facebook!



No comments:

Post a Comment